Town hall in Poznan
The Renaissance town hall on the marketplace in Poznan was built on the XIV century. Building repeatedly was extended and destroyed, from the primitive building development only basements behaved. During the II World War seriously a tower and insides of the town hall suffered damage. The renovation was carried out in the sequence of a few years after the war and Renaissance character of the elevation was knocked over. On the town hall tower to this day a bugle call of Poznan is being played and at high noon two somersaults are resulting from the centre turret and for the minute they are butting oneself with horns. The facade of the town hall has characteristic, three-storey richly ornamented balcony; between bows of arches of the ground floor in pairs women’s allegories of virtues are put. Insides of the town hall are among others chambers in the Renaissance style on the ground floor, ensuing basements on the turning point of the XIII and XIV c., the Large Room, the Royal Room with the original Renaissance fireplace, a courtroom, fine rooms on the floor. At present a seat of the Museum of History of the city Poznan is situated in a town hall.
Dzialynski Palace on the old town in Poznan came into existence in years 1773-1776. A great marshal Lithuanian Wladyslaw Roch Gurowski was his first owner, in the hand of the family Dzialynski gone on 1808 and in 1880 Wladyslaw Zamoyski purchased the estate. During the II World War the palace burnt to the ground, was rebuilt in 50s of the XX century. At present the formal, baroque eastern facade of the palace is divided with pilasters in the Corinthian style. Interiors were reconstructed in the primal schedule, however but the Red Room on the first floor was reconstructed with the special reverence. During seizures the object served as the unofficial university, the cultural and political centre of the life of Poles. Political meetings, exhibitions, shows of theatres and concerts took place in the Red Room. At the rear of the palace it is possible to admire the historic garden which came into existence at the end of the XVIII century. Today in the object are scientific institutes of the Polish Academy of Sciences and a branch office of the Kornicak Library.
Ostrow Tumski it only, remaining in Poznan island on Warta River where in the Middle Ages the defensive castle was built. Here also the first in Poland bishopric also came into existence. Two shoulders of the river are surrounding the island: Warta and Cybina; is an oasis of peace in the centre of noisy Poznan and with the seat of numerous monuments. The most important are Gothic Cathedral Basilica of St Pieter and Paul’s Apostles (date of devoting 968), being an ossuary of the first masters of Poland and a probable place of baptism of the Mieszko I. On the island it is worthwhile seeing also: Archbishop’s Palace from XIV-XV the c., the Academy of Lubranski from the XVI century – the first university in Poznan, Psalteria (perpendicular building of the around 1518), Gothic Church of Blessed Virgin Mary of the XV century and the Archdiocesean Museum. In the most recent years meaning investments concerning promoting tourist advantages of the Ostrow Tumski are being planned. And at present efforts last for integrating the island with the rest of historic substance of Poznan.
Poznan parish church
A Poznan parish church is a baroque church, (that is the oldest church in the city) and collegiate temple dedicated St Stanislawa Bishop of the Martyr, belonging to the parish of the Mother of God of the Incessant Help and St Magdalena in Poznan. The church came into existence in the II half of the XVII century richly ornamented facade all over sides two towers are limiting, divided by cornices into storeys. Insides three-nave, basilican with the transept, cross vaultings, a very beautiful stucco decoration, vaults have an aisles with paintings, sculptures, the string of chapels and impressing organs of Ladegasta Friedrich. In the half of the 2010 authorization given by the Pope of Benedict the XVI on the strength a parish church was raised to the title and the dignity of the smaller basilica.
“Budnicze” houses in Poznan
“Budnicze” houses on the marketplace in Poznan it is a group three- or of four-storey narrow tenements and one of few examples of the terrace market building development. Tenements were built in I half of the XVI century and were a property of poorer merchants. Early-Renaissance arcades, in which the trade throve, mainly fish are characteristic of the building. A seat of the Brotherhood Budnik was located in one of tenements what the coat of arms is attesting with herring and three palms. During the II World War houses entirely were destroyed. After 1945 arcades were reconstructed being based on original, Renaissance details. To this day arcades are a place of the trade.
Raczynski Library in Poznan was built in 1822-1828 according to the idea and funds of the count of Edward Raczynski, in the classical style. The library was opened in 1829 and was it the first national library on land of the Prussian seizure. The year after for her opening was built on to the building wing intended for a picture gallery of the European painting (then the wing was converted into the hotel), unfortunately entirely destroyed during the II World War. The outside elevation of the building is being modeled on Paris Louvre, twelve pairs of cast-iron columns, the hipped roof covered with the copper metal sheet are decorating it, and in front of the library monument-fountain Higiei. At present in the building a management of the municipal library of the city of Poznan is residing, there is a special library book collection as well as different temporary exhibitions take place. The library has 49 branches in which about 950 thousands tomes is gathered.
The Municipal Libra came into existence in 1532-1534. A Municipal Libra is a single-storey building in the neo-Renaissance style, about the gable roof and straight peaks divided with lizena. Repeatedly rebuilt and destroyed. In the meantime on its place a New town hall burnt during the II World War was made. After the war a building of the Libra was rebuilt according to the project from before hundreds of years. At first the Municipal Libra was a seat of waznik and subordinate to him potazas which for a charge made the measurement of mass of goods. Today it is a seat of the register office.
The building of the Guardroom was built in the classical style. They are making the front elevation up: four columns, the porch limited all over sides with breaks, on the attic kartuses with coats of arms. During the II World War the building was left seriously damaged, but next in 1945-1951 years precisely rebuilt. At present a Museum of the Great Poland Uprising is located in it 1918-1919.