Determined argument in order to visit the noon part of the Lublin province is a location on this area of the city of Zamosc. Entering it on the List of the World Cultural Legacy of UNESCO are confirming tourists. Thanks to concentrating many educational, cultural, economic, industrial centres and the extremely widely extended urban infrastructure for a long time Zamosc constitutes the place of entertainment events. It is supporting collecting the innumerable number of tourists in every summer season. In the connection with the tourist sphere one should recall that in the city a department of the Polish Tourist-tourist Society is localized.
Town hall in Zamosc
A town hall belongs to one of main attractions of the city. Since the certain time it constitutes the seat of the Office of the City. Thanks to it Zamosc amongst different cities is standing out with the outstanding urban planning accent. His distinctive features are: a lump took out with crowned attic, clock tower for heights of 52 m and staircase at the front. That solid structure came into existence as a result of a few stages from XVI till the XVIII century. Defining the style of the town hall is unusually difficult since its shape is heterogeneous in other words mannerist-baroque.
The town hall from the beginning of its being gathered the most outstanding figures connected with the city hall in its walls as well as he played the main cultural-scientific centre. Because in the town hall were situated municipal offices, a Zomojski Tribunal found for cities of the statute, the urban weight situated on the ground floor – here where at present café), on the back – complex of bloodbaths. The front wall of the building was directed into the side of the elegant square and commercial backs – in the direction of a marketplace. Town hall of times of the Congress Kingdom of Poland, when Zamosc stopped being a private city and became the national stronghold, during reign of Gen. Mallet-Malletski the municipal government was moved to the New Settlement and the building of the town hall was exchanged to the prison. From 1936 till years of the occupation a Tourist Museum was located in the east wing. Wanting to improve knowledge in the topic of all changes happening in town hall one should go to the region in Poland with its major city in Lublin.
Arsenal in Zamosc
Zamosc amongst many cities of the Polish state is standing out in the sphere of the abundance of tourist attractions. For worth places of visiting the city put on the lost of the World Legacy of the Cultural UNESCO belongs: the Zamosc Academy, the Arsenal, the Bulwark, the Synagogue, the Gate Szczebrzeska, Equipment, the Cathedral, the Church of Franciscans, the Church of St Katherine, the Church of Nicholas, the New Lublin Gate, the New Lvov Gate, Arcades, the town hall, the Residence (Zamoyski Palace), the Rotunda, the Large Market and Tenements, the Old Lublin Gate and the Old Lvov Gate.
All enthusiasts of the fortification and armaments should be around the Bastion as well as the Arsenal. The second of monuments was restored a few years ago. Distinctive features are: long, low building about straight, stylish architecture. Then he held one of the oldest institutions in Zamosc. History is stating that the thought about building the armoury was conceived after the return of the Hetman from the victorious war expedition in 1582 when amongst trophies in large numbers brought in to Zamosc he found a considerable number of cannons. Additionally gifts of cities and well-known personages supplemented them. Served as the museum of the weapon. Ceitwart’s took care of the arsenal – this function was usually being entrusted to court architects and for engineers. During seizures abounding sources surrendered to the armoury for dispersion. Spacious, vaulted insides divided with the middle with low pillars, holds now – maintaining the hetman’s tradition – museum of the colour and the weapon.
Synagogue on the old town in Zamosc is a late Renaissance building from I half of the XVII century by the Zamenhof 9 Street. The synagogue was built on the plan of the square from the initiative of Sephardic Jews in years 1610-1620. After building nests of women (rooms for women) in the II half of the XVII the object decorated the form is now rectangle. An attic is crowning the main building to the main prayer room, where is leaded the stone Renaissance portal, on walls and vaults a rich stucco decoration behaved with precious paintings and rosettes. During the II world war Nazis vandalized the object, converting it into carpenter’s workshops, after the war in it a Municipal Library was created, and after 2005 the Jewish community regained the building. At present the Synagogue in Zamosc is a best kept late Renaissance synagogue in Poland.
Zamoyski palace on the old town in Zamosc it is an ancient residence of the Zamoyski family from the II half of the XVI century, repeatedly rebuilt. In the XVII century as a result of the fire a late Baroque style was granted to that place, at the beginning of XIX was decorated the classicistic form, however soon she lost one’s antique interior decor, so as well as different objects during the modernization of the Zamosc stronghold. In its best period the body of the palace received lofty mansard roofs, a triangular peak crowned the tower with sculptures on angles, with the stone gate rococo sculptures graced iron grating, the palace received also a rich painting-sculpting interior decor. In the large entrance hall on first polychrome made the painter Lukasz Smuglewicz. Fragments of this polychrome were discovered during examinations conducted in 1980 by the Cracow Technical University. To today a few classical fireplaces and the courtyard stayed. Elevations were deprived of primitive divisions, mansard roofs were exchanged to simplest, palace unfortunately lost remains of the former magnificence. From 1918 courts are located in an object, and from the side of the backyard residential apartments.
A building of the former Zamosc Academy is a monumental multi-storey building at the meeting point the Academy Street and the Perec Street, one of the first Polish colleges from the end of the XVI century. The Today’s four-sided building with the courtyard was being made in 1639-1648. Model laying out the early-baroque building, regular, with the cross communications system, about the dense symmetry, is an outstanding achievement in the field of XVIIth century architecture. After the dissolution of the Academy in 1784 the building was changed to military barracks (1811), from 1844 till 1939 school children came back to the building, again during the II World War a German gendarmerie was stationed there and at present a seat of J. Zamoyski is located there.
Armenian tenements – historic tenements on the old town in Zamosc, put in the north frontage of the Large Market – by the Ormianski Street. This part of Zamosc was granted by the founder of the city, Jan Zamoyski, for Armenians, that’s why the name of the street and tenements. They came into existence in the middle of the XVII century, every belonged to different owners. The special appearance has 5 tenements to the right of the town hall – are ornamented and with attics which were restored during the renovation of the Old Town in 70s of the XX century.
Old Lvov Gate
An old Lvov Gate is a mannerist building built in 1597-1599 right near bulwark. In 1820s in it was prison in which Walerian Lukasinski was being kept (Polish independence activist). The gate is characterized by a triangular peak and low relieves. Small embrasures are on her side walls.
New Lvov Gate
New Lvov Gate (situated near the old Gate Lvov) was built in 1920s at the modernization of the Stronghold Zamosc. After the I World War an engine room of the first urban power station of Zamosc was put in. Above the arcade passage low relieves are found. Today in the new Lvov Gate a seat of a K. Namyslowki symphony orchestra is located.
Szczebrzeska Gate was coming into existence in 1603-1605, at first mannerist with attics. She was rebuilt in 1770-1771 years receiving the rococo attic with stone vases and sculptures saint. In I half of the XIX century next changes were carried out granting the classical appearance for the gate. Till 1920s of the XX century a temporary office of police was located in it.
Old Lublin Gate
Old Lublin Gate (differently Janowicka) it is the first gate of Zamosc. Was funded by Jan Zamoyski up to the end of XVI century to today on its fragments of curtains behaved with narrow windows from the north and bas-relief decorations.
New Lublin Gate
The new Lublin Gate was built in I half of the XIX century between the V and VI, during the modernization of the Stronghold Zamosc, near the old Lublin Gate. From the southern side of the gate three connections in the form of arches are situated, however from north it is possible to notice little ornaments with low relieves. At present is a new vegetarian restaurant located in a building with the gallery “Entire sheep”.